To keep you updated on your child's education, please visit our class blog here - https://www.stokesleypa.org.uk/blog/category/year-six-blog
Useful information for Parents
Planners need to be in school every day!
- Spellings - handed out on a Wednesday and tested on a Monday. In addition the children will be tested each half term on 20 words from the Year 5/6 Spelling List
- Maths/GPS - Alternate weeks, handed out on a Friday and to be completed by the following Thursday
- Topic - One word homework each half term. This needs to be quality and can be produced with adult support
Reading: The single, most important way you can help your child in year six is to read with them every day. Keep it short and enjoyable and discuss what has been read.
PE: The children will need outdoor PE kit on Fridays and indoor PE kit on Mondays. Earrings MUST NOT be worn for PE. Every Tuesday morning in June and July the children will be going swimming so please remember to bring appropriate swimwear and a towel.
The School Day
08:55 - Children collected from the school playground.
09:00 - 09:10 - Registration and Morning Task
09:10 - 10:15 - Core Lessons
10:15 - 10:30 - Break Time
10:30 - 11:30 - Core Lessons
11:30 - 12:00 - Key Skills
12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch
13:00 - 15:10 – Foundation Subject Lessons
- Residential - Kingswood - Monday 4th March until Wednesday 6th March 2019
- SATS Week - Monday 13th May until Thursday 16th May 2019
- Year 6 performance of 'We'll Meet Again' Monday 8th July at 6pm and Tuesday 9th July at 1.30pm.
All children in Year Six are expected to take on a role or responsibility. For example, buddies, librarians, KS1 readers.