The National Curriculum consists of the three core subjects: English, Mathematics and Science, together with the foundation subjects: History, Geography, Design and Technology, Computing, Music, Art, PE, Personal & Social Health Education (PSHE), RE and Modern Foreign Language.
The Curriculum is all the planned activities that are organised to promote learning and personal growth and development.
OUR CURRICULUM IS UNDERPINNED BY OUR VALUES:
- We value the uniqueness of each child. Our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child for all cultures
- We value the importance of each person in our community. We promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our school community. We aim to enable each child to be successful and provide equal opportunities for all.
- We value our environment and throughout the curriculum we aim to teach our pupils to respect our world by being responsible citizens.
IN OUR CURRICULUM WE AIM TO:
- Follow the statutory requirements
- Ensure we deliver an extensive curriculum so that children learn and develop skills that can be achieved to the best of their ability
- Make effective use of specialist staff
- Promote a positive attitude to learning
- Enable children to be positive citizens in today’s society
- Enable and teach children to have respect for themselves and to be able to live and work co-operatively with each other
Years 1 & 2 Autumn Curriculum